Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Another Sucessful Surgery

Yea, surgery is over and we are back home. Jack had his re-implantation yesterday and the surgery went great. The surgeon got full insertion again, and said it was "test book". Jack is at home and resting (trying to get him to rest) and doing great. These kids bounce back so fast it is unbelievable. Jack's turn on is scheduled for May 2nd....can't wait to get things back to normal again.

Jack is doing so well with his "newer" ear since his failure. I can't believe that he is caught up without doing much individual work with that ear. He has not missed a beat and has attending speech and school without any problems. I have notice a big difference in hearing with background noise, but other than that he has done great. I recommend bilateral implants to all families out there. I don't know what we would have done if Jack would have been completely off air for the last 3 weeks......

1 comment:

Drew's Mom said...

I've been thinking about you and Jack. I hope all goes well at his activation tomorrow! Let us know how he's doing.